Thursday, February 26, 2009

Annie finally decides to start growing up.

(From Ash)

I've been taking Annie to school in the mornings because she hates standing out in the cold waiting for the bus. Lately at Young women's, she's been learning about how to put on make up and doing her hair and etiquette and basically how to be a grown up. For those who don't know, Annie has always rather played basketball or football with her brothers and the neighborhood kids than to play with dolls or put on makeup or anything girlie.

So yesterday morning, we are getting ready to leave and I tell her to go and get in the car, and she says, "Ok, I'll just be one second while I go put on some mascara." I don't think she even knew what mascara was a year ago, and now she's putting it on before school every morning.

She used to say, "boys are gross, eeewww," and now if you ask her about boys, she just giggles.

April 18 she turns 14 and then can start going to stake dances and she just keeps getting prettier and prettier. So I just have to make sure I'm bigger than any boys she brings home, which shouldn't be a problem for a while. :D

4 comments:

Becky said...

Heaven help us all if she brings home a boy bigger than you. I wish Annie lived closer to us so she could babysit for us. My kids love her. She's a great girl.

The Bates Famdamily said...

Holy crap!!! Make her stop!!! Oh and if having adesire to make up makes one a grown up, move over Annie, here comes Abbey with blue eye shadow all over her face!

The Bates Famdamily said...

Holy crap!!! Make her stop!!! Oh and if having a desire to use make up, makes one a grown up, move over Annie, here comes Abbey with blue eye shadow all over her face!

Betsy Lee said...

Ah, I love that girl! It'll be fun seeing her grow up more, but I can't believe she's already to the make up stage!