Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Best Christmas Present EVER!!!

On Sunday I got the best Christmas present ever! Sorry Betsy it wasn't from you, although your present rocked! No Mom and Dad it wasn't yours either, but a great gift. This gift didn't come from the store or cost anyone a dime. CAMERON WENT TO NURSERY!!! Our 6th child is in nursery! I sat in our Primary class with no baby to watch run around. I sat in Relief Society and heard the lesson, I actually got to open my scriptures and read along without a little hand trying to rip my pages out. He's been with me through a year of teaching YW and now 3 months of teaching Primary. It's not easy to teach when you have a screaming baby.

Some people say it's sad that my baby is going to nursery. I say, "Almost 14 years of wrestling babies in church is enough!" I think that's why we ended up with 6 kids, so we'd be so tired we wouldn't mourn them growing up. I love to see them reach new milestones and learn new things. It's so fun to watch Cameron run around like he's one of the boys. He loves to go downstairs when the boys are playing video games and just hang out. He's been walking around like he's hot stuff since Sunday. He didn't cry in nursery until I came to pick him up. I think it had a lot to do with Jessie being in there with him. Hopefully next Sunday will go just as smoothly. By the way, Ash you still have to get me a Christmas present. I earned this one!

3 comments:

Elizabeth Stoddard said...

Congratulations on a great milestone and a lighter load, at church at least. I agree that it's nice to see your children reaching new milestones. I'm happy you've reached this one.
Mom

Ashley said...

I still have a whole day to get you something. Don't worry about it. :D

Mark J. Stoddard said...

Love the pictures of The Boys, The Girls... but where are The Parents... need a photo of you two as well!