December is crazy around here! I'm sure it's crazy everywhere with Christmas. Our family has 2 bonuses - Tyler & Matthew. It's their birthdays this month. Matthew's was on the 2nd and Tyler's is tomorrow. I thought having babies in December was bad, but this is worse! Their birthdays are so close that I have to be careful that they are even. They've had one friend birthday party, we combined them together and had over 15 little boys running around the house. We haven't done it again. I keep saying we'll do it in the summer but that hasn't happened either. Maybe this next summer. I think one of the hardest parts is that all their gifts for the year come within one month. With the other kids we can say, "ask for the bike for your birthday", or "we'll get you some new clothes for your birthday." Not these two.
On the bright side of things: I am already buying presents for Christmas so what's 2 birthdays on top of it. The house is decorated, not for birthdays but it's festive. The best part is we have Matthew & Tyler in our family! The older they get the funner they get. They are learning and growing a lot right now. They are good boys. And big boys!
Matthew is sensitive, especially to younger kids. He's great at art and is learning to use Adobe Illustrator on the computer. (it's a professional graphic design program.) He loves to make other people laugh. I think he'll take after both of his Grandpas and tell jokes the rest of his life. He loves sports especially playing with Annie & Tyler. When he's playing football with Ash he starts laughing his head off whenever he catches the ball. Good thing he plays defensive line. He's a gentle giant. Soon he'll be taller than me. He can't wait, he's only a few inches shorter now. He's excited to be playing basketball this winter.
Tyler is good at just about everything he tries. He's great at school and sports. His biggest issue is humility. He can be one of my best helpers. He loves to clean the stove top. He started that when I was in the hospital having Jessie. He's very silly, ask any of his teachers. He just started basketball practice for his city league team that Ash is coaching. Games start around Jan. 10th. He's very excited! He's getting his Wolf award for scouts on Wednesday. Way to go me, I mean Ty!
So Happy Birthday Matthew & Tyler! We love you and are grateful you are here. Couldn't you have come in November?
Monday, December 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment