The first day of school went really well. The biggest bummer for Annie was that her bus is a mess and she walked in the house about 3 min. before the boys and couldn't talk my ear off before the boys walked in. Last year her bus got her home 30 min. before the boys so she talked and talked before the boys got home. She loved seminary and came home much happier than she left. She played the piano in seminary because everyone else was too chicken. She isn't the best piano player in the class but I'm very proud of her for stepping up and doing her best. I probably would have been chicken. She was actually excited to go back the next day, but don't tell, she didn't want anyone to know that. :) She likes most of her classes and seeing all of her friends. She said the 7th graders are really little. Wow isn't she still in 7th grade? Whoops - time flies!
The boys had a great day! They wouldn't stop talking about it! Especially Tyler! I think he likes his teacher just a bit. OK a ton! He said his nickname is Sasquatch aka big foot. He has the biggest feet in his class. Shocker! Not! He has always had big feet. In fact he has 2 different sized feet. I can wear his shoes!
Jack loves his teacher and school. He was annoyed at the kids in his class for talking while he's reading. Oh brother Jack! Those who know Jack know he's usually the disruptor.
Matthew also had a great day and is keeping up on his homework after 2 days. So far so good. :) He really likes changing teachers for each subject and all the fun things they have planned for this year. He even has a planner. I thought this was interesting/funny: the 6th grade teachers told the kids they are required to shower and wear deodorant every day. None of the 6th grade classrooms have windows. I heard from a friend of mine that it smelled awful in there 2 years ago when her son was in 6th grade. Poor teachers!
Bubba and Jessie survived being home alone with me. I survived them. We actually had fun, just the 3 of us. In other news we finally have re-painted our front door. It was white and peeling! Now it's red and pretty. The previous owners or builder had painted it with flat latex paint and it was peeling off and looked horrible. One more project done on this house - hundreds more to go!
Friday, August 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Thanks for the update on school! It's really fun to read about what's going on and all the fun school stuff going on!
I hear ya on the projects! What grad is annie in? I'm freaking out just a bit at Mathew being in 6th. Is he in Middle school? Abbey starts Kindergarten tomorrow. I love the beginning of school when all the kids are still excited about it. Good Luck with all that homework! Love, Nat
Post a Comment