Wednesday, August 19, 2009

First Day of School

The 4 oldest kids started school today. The house is really quiet now with just Jessie and Bubba here. We don't have a picture of Annie, she left too early for us to be wide awake and remember to take a picture. She looked cute as always. The boys were up and ready to go early. Especially Jack, he's the most excited of all the kids this year. Jack's in 2nd grade, Ty's in 4th grade, and Matthew is in 6th. They seem to have great teachers so it should be a great year. Cross your fingers! I am!

Annie is in 9th grade. First year of high school. She was the least excited of all of the kids. She texted me to tell me she left her lunch on the bus. I hope the rest of the day went better. The thing she actually was excited about is starting seminary today. I'm sure she'll have a great year.

The house actually feels lonely today. I had to get the little ones dressed and breakfast today. Usually that's what the older kids do. I even changed 2 stinky diapers. (Thanks Cameron!) Maybe I do miss them. They have been a great help with the younger 2 this summer. But there has been no fighting or nagging today. Ahhhh heavenly for the next 45 min. Then all craziness breaks loose. I can't wait to see how their days were, and sign all the papers they bring home today. If they stopped with all the papers we have to sign and all the stupid homework, they could save an entire forest just from my 4 kids. There's an environmental issue they should tackle.

Football games start next week. We still don't know any details. Matthew is on the Bears and is a lineman. He does the hitting and protecting. Ty is playing QB on his flag football team. He has the ego for it! I mean confidence. :) Jack is starting butterfly chasing, whoops I mean soccer soon as well. Annie should be starting the tennis team in the next month just so I can run around a little more. It's a good thing I have the days to rest up for the all the practices and games coming up. I am really proud of them for all they do and excited to watch them. They are growing up fast but not too fast. :)

Speaking of growing up - today at lunch Cameron kept saying a word I didn't know. Then I realized he was folding his arms and saying "prayers". We aren't very good at praying for lunch but Cameron sure wants to change that. whoops! So I'm helping him pray and I say "bless the food". He looks up at me and says "bless Jessie's food too" while pointing insistently to her food. He never forgets Jessie. He adores her. Maybe he's here to watch out for her or maybe teach me what I'm forgetting. Probably both and a whole lot more. We love you Bubba! We love all of our kids and are very proud of them!

1 comment:

Mark J. Stoddard said...

Excellent blog. You write well and it is touching to at once read of your great concern and love for you family and to also know it wears you out but you find a way to work it. We'll enjoy watching the kids as well.