This summer has been nuts! Especially since Ash and I were called to be Ma and Pa Oviatt on our stake Trek. CRAZY! I'll write more about that later. There is just too much to tell and I don't know where to start right now. Long story short - it was exhausting, long, hilly, and awesome! We loved it! We saw miracles everywhere and now have 9 new kids in our extended family. Our family motto was "Enjoy the Journey" and we did.
Annie has been playing tennis all summer in the Central Utah Tennis Association. She just finished this week and took 2nd in the tournament! Yeah Annie! She's getting better the more matches she plays. Best of all she's enjoying it a lot.
Matthew, Tyler, and Jack have been riding bikes, playing, playing, playing with friends. Jack was the only one to take swimming lessons this year. Saved us some $. He's doing great. The other boys can swim well enough that I don't have to spend $100 every summer on swimming lessons. Matthew and Tyler start football camps in a week. They can't wait. Jack starts soccer in a month. Gee another Fall full of sports for Mom. Great, I'm so excited. (For those of you who don't me I am being totally sarcastic) Plus Annie will being doing tennis on the school team this fall.
Jessie and Cam continue to grow up. They are not babies anymore, but toddlers. AHHHHH! Cam turned 2 in June and loves pulling Jessie's hair and hitting her. They wrestle all the time. Jessie is still potty training. We are sooooo close yet soooo far away. She might be more stubborn than the boys. That's stubborn! Cam is talking up a storm. He imitates everything everyone says and does. It's funny! He cracks us up most of the time. Jessie is continuing on her princess path. Not always the cute part. She'd rather wear a dress and dress up shoes than anything else. Especially a princess dress. Where did that come from? She has to distinguish herself in this house of boys.
I know I complain a lot about my kids but I love them and am very grateful for them. I even missed them on the Trek. :) My parents and Natalie babysat them while we were gone. THANKS! The kids had a really fun time without us. Next week we are off to Bear Lake with my family. We can't wait! There is even a tennis court for Ash and Annie. Just 4.5 weeks left of summer break. I have mixed feeling about it. I like having babysitters home during the day and no homework to do. But I miss my quiet time with the little ones. Plus sports start again once school starts. I'll need my quiet time to get thru the fall sports schedule.
FYI - Here's the kids grades in school for this fall:
Annie 9th grade 14 years old
Matthew 6th turns 12 in Dec
Tyler 4th turns 10 in Dec
Jackson 2nd turns 7 in Aug
Jessie Princess at home 3 years old
Cameron Bubba at home 2 years old
(no preschool for one more year! YEAH!)
Saturday, July 18, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Great. Keep this up, Eleisha. I've been reading my journal about my kids and summers and what precious memories that you will love looking back on ... You're doing a great job and have wonderful kids we love dearly. Mom
Well Actually I didn't take 2nd in the Tournament I took 3rd.. :) thanks for the credit thought mom! :D haha
Good post. Need the information and enjoy your writing.
Love you all.
Post a Comment